Saturday, August 18, 2007

25 May 2007

25 May 2007

Dearest Baby,

Last week, on Sunday, the 20th of May, I peed on a stick and it turned blue. It has been one of the most defining moments in my life, that blue stick and I was in tears. You see, we’ve been waiting for awhile now for you.

But I was afraid to believe that you were really there, in my tummy. In my mind, the scars of February are still fresh. Where for a short moment, there was a flutter of life and an angel was sent to me for the briefest of times.

So, clutching my heart in my hands, I went to bed that night. Too afraid to be joyful. I did the home pregnancy test again the next day, first thing Monday morning.

And there it was, another, more defined blue. You were telling me that you are here to stay. It’s taken a few days to sink in and as I sit here today, feeling slightly nauseous, I know that we are going to be okay. You and I.

You don’t know how happy you’ve made me feel, you apple pip. Apparently that’s the size you are this week which is week 4/5. But already, you are the biggest presence in my life.

I thank God for this blessing in the form of you. Somewhere, I must have done some good to deserve this. The doctor on Wednesday said that you will be due around Feb 3 2008. That’s going to make you one of those flighty, absurd Aquarians. I am sure that we are going to have fun talking about saving the world and corporate social responsibility which is my other passion in life.

40 more weeks to see you.

No comments:

 
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker